The Hugh Hodgson School of Music’s conducting studies department features internationally recognized faculty, attracting talented young musicians from the United States and abroad.
Conducting students at the Hodgson School enjoy countless opportunities to lead performances. Students have the opportunity to participate in and collaborate with the Hodgson School's numerous small chamber ensembles, orchestras, bands, and choirs. Additionally, young conductors can also gain valuable interactive performance and teaching experience by participating in one of the Hodgson School's numerous educational and community outreach programs.
Area Chair: Cynthia Johnston-Turner, Director of Bands
- Rob Akridge, Director of Band Festivals/Asst. Director of Athletic Bands
- Daniel Bara, Director of Choral Activities
- Brett Bawcum, Asst. Director of Bands, Assoc. Director of Athletic Bands
- J. D. Burnett, Choral conducting
- Mark Cedel, Director of Orchestra Activities
- Jaclyn Hartenberger, Associate Director of Bands
- Michael Robinson, Director of Athletic Bands