Welcome to the Hugh Hodgson School of Music's Office of Academic Advisement! Below you will find all pertinent information corresponding to registration and other related student concerns. If your specific issue is not addressed by what is provided below, please feel free to email your assigned advisor for additional guidance.
Advising in the HHSOM:
Advising is a crucial part of the academic experience for all UGA students. At least once per semester, each student is required to meet with her advisor prior to registering for the upcoming term’s classes. Appointments are available beginning the third week of each semester and continue until classes end. Students must schedule their advising appointment through the SARA webpage.
The mission of the Hugh Hodgson School of Music academic advisors is to provide accurate and up to date information about the academic requirements and resources of the School of Music, the Franklin College, the University of Georgia, and the University System of Georgia. Advisors foster an environment of trust, respect, and mutual responsibility. Advisors educate students about the unique challenges and diverse possibilities at a large university. Students are encouraged to engage in a process of exploration and self-discovery that ultimately will lead to the realization of their academic and professional goals.
Students are assigned to an academic advisor after first year orientation with the goal of the student and advisor developing a relationship through the duration of the student’s academic program.
Marta Kelleher 328 Music Bldg. email@example.com (706) 542-9783
Jeremy Wheatley 324C Music Bldg. firstname.lastname@example.org (706) 542-2764
How to Schedule an Advising Appointment:
- To go SARA, the system used by the HHSOM to schedule advising appointments.
- Enter your MyID and password and select 'Login.'
- Search and select an availability that works with your schedule.
Cancelation and No-Show Policies
- If you scheduled an advising appointment and discover you are no longer able to attend, you can cancel your appointment through SARA and reschedule for another time.
- A “no-show” is a student who does not attend his or her scheduled advising appointment. This practice is inefficient; therefore, the Hugh Hodgson School of Music reserves the right to limit the number of appointments these students can schedule.
- In the event of a "no-show," students are required to be advised during "no-show walk-in times." These are posted sporadically throughout an advisor's schedule in SARA. They will be marked in red.