Welcome to the Hugh Hodgson School of Music Office of Academic Advising! Below you will find information about class registration and other related student concerns. If your specific issue is not addressed by what is provided below, please feel free to email your assigned advisor for additional guidance.
Advising in the HHSOM:
Advising is a crucial part of the academic experience for all UGA students. At least once per semester, each student is required to meet with his or her advisor prior to registering for the upcoming term’s classes. Appointments are available beginning the third week of each semester and continue until classes end. Students must schedule their advising appointment through the SAGE System.
The mission of the Hugh Hodgson School of Music academic advisors is to provide accurate and updated information about the academic requirements and resources of the School of Music, the Franklin College, the University of Georgia, and the University System of Georgia. Advisors foster an environment of trust, respect, and mutual responsibility. Advisors educate students about the unique challenges and diverse possibilities at a large university. Students are encouraged to engage in a process of exploration and self-discovery that ultimately will lead to the realization of their academic and professional goals.
Students are assigned to an academic advisor after first year orientation with the goal of the student and advisor developing a relationship through the duration of the student’s academic program.
Seth Peters 324C Music Bldg. email@example.com (706) 542-2764
Molly Stanley 328 Music Bldg. firstname.lastname@example.org (706) 542-9738
How to Schedule an Advising Appointment:
- To go SAGE, the system used by UGA to schedule advising appointments.
- Go to the "Home" tab, click on "My Success Network", you can then schedule an appointment with your Primary Advisor.
Cancellation and No-Show Policies
- If you scheduled an advising appointment and discover you are no longer able to attend, you can cancel your appointment through SAGE and reschedule for another time.
- A “no-show” is a student who does not attend his or her scheduled advising appointment. This practice is inefficient; therefore, the Hugh Hodgson School of Music reserves the right to limit the number of appointments these students can schedule.
- In the event of a "no-show," please contact your advisor, then you will be allowed to schedule a second appointment.
- SAGE - Where students make advising appointments, find walk-in hours, and retrieve advising forms
- UGA Bulletin - The official University of Georgia resource for majors, minors, courses, and other academic information
- UGA Student Handbook - Essential information for all UGA students
- Franklin College - The official University of Georgia resource for Franklin College requirements
- DegreeWorks - Our degree audit portal for enrolled students
- Athena - UGA portal for the university-wide application, current course listings, and class registration
- Transient Information - If you plan on taking a course somewhere other than UGA
- Late Add Form - If you need to add a course after add/drop, submit this form to your advisor for consideration.
- Section Change Form - If you need to change from one section of a course to another, submit this form to your academic advisor for consideration.
- Course Challenge Form - If you believe you could successfully pass out of a HHSOM course, you may be eligible to challenge it. Please see your academic advisor for details.
- Request for Independent Study Form
- Educational Affairs Committee - A resource for students wishing to appeal or petition on academic matters that extend beyond the HHSOM.
- Academic Standards Committee - A body which oversees matters concerning Franklin College graduation requirements.
- Disability Resource Center - The DRC strives to promote a welcoming academic, physical, and social environment for students with disabilities at UGA.