The program of study leading to the Bachelor of Music with a major in music performance is comprehensively designed to prepare for a career as a professional musician, a studio teacher, or a college professor. The degree provides a strong foundation in music history, music theory, and performance to ensure adequate preparation for continued study at the graduate level. Students enjoy numerous performance opportunities during their four years, including required second, third, and fourth-year solo recitals.
Applicants are required to audition for admission into this program.
Official Declaration of Major
Students are admitted to this degree by petitioning the appropriate applied faculty after the second semester of study. Faculty decisions are based on the quality of the second semester applied jury.
Additional Student Resources
- UGA Bulletin - Outlines BM Music Performance degree and university-wide requirements
- Franklin College Requirements - Music Performance students are required to fulfill all of the Franklin College requirements.
- Academic Advising - All Music Performance majors, including double majors, are required to meet with a music advisor each semester.
- Instrumental: Sample Degree Plan, Vocal: Sample Degree Plan
- UGA Student Handbook - Essential information for all UGA students
- DegreeWorks - Our degree audit portal for enrolled students
- Athena - UGA portal for the university-wide application, current course listings, and class registration
- SAGE - Allows students and advisors to schedule appointments
- UGAMail - Official UGA email system
- eLC - UGA online learning management system